31090051

There, My neighbours husband is due to appear in court

Hi There,
My neighbours husband is due to appear in court on 19/2/15, charged with assaulting her,
part of his bail conditions is that he does not contact her or go to the property, if he is found guilty will these conditions stay, as she is terrified he will come round, she has left it to late to get a solicitor, can she ask the police to tell the court, or will she be allowed to say something at court
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If the case is determined on 19th and he is either found not guilty or he is found guilty and sentenced, then the bail conditions no longer apply as there is no longer a case for which he is bailed out. If sentnce is deferred after a guilty verdict, bill could be continued on the same conditions.
Either way she does have time to get a civil interdict, exclusion order and power of arrest. By definition these orders are often sought at very short notice. She should see a civil litigation solicitor today.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.