31090051

a client took a reaction (mild) to a product i used on her.

a client took a reaction (mild) to a product i used on her. i completed a reaction report, sent away the product to my uk distributors who sent it to paris to be analysed at there labs. the report came back that the product was free from contamination of any kind. my uk company sent me an email telling me that paris would be sending my client a skin test package containing relevant products and information to give to her doctor so she could find out if it was only allergic to the said product or an active ingredient in it.
My client has been actively saying from the start that she would consider taking her case to a solicitor, she has never been satisfied with the way this has been handled by the uk representitives and feels they should contact her personally. the company have told me that they feel the correct procedures have been carried out on their side and would not be personally contacting the client, and I should forget about it and wait to see if she follows through with legal action. I also ment to say that on last speaking to client she said that she had received the patch test package but didnt see why she should have to go and get tested (!!) I explained why she should but again she has now said she will be going to get legal advice.
please advice me on what best to do. it is hard for me to stay away from client as I am her first point of contact.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
This client has no case against you unless she sustained some kind of injury or loss arising from your negligence. From you narrative she had a mild reaction, cause unknown and not caused by anything you did. The manufacturer may want to investigate this but the client has no obligation to participate in these investigations.
If she goes to a solicitor and you get a claim intimated you would pass it to your public liability insurers but at don't see any claim succeeding.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.