31090051

I am years old, and touch wood, in very good health, my

I am 69 years old, and touch wood, in very good health, my husband is a good few years younger than me, and the house we live in, which still has a mortgage is in joint names. However, if I had to go into care, would we then have to sell the house to pay for care, or, if we put the house ownership just in my husband's name, would that exempt him from having to contribute to my care by selling the house?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If the house is in joint names, the state cannot make you sell it to pay for your care.
For that reason you don't have to think about transferring the title to him. It can stay in joint names.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.