31090051

, I'm trying to make sense of the new young person (Scotland)

Customer Question

Hi, I'm trying to make sense of the new young person (Scotland) bill, and the implications for kinship carers, and the children in there care, as far as I'm aware the Scottish government has provided extra financial help for kinship, but the kinship social worker has told us that this extra money will impact on any benefits we receive, and under the new bill we would only be entitled to support for three years, could you please clarify this for me. Thank you.
***** *****
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
There is no certainty about what you describe as the bill is not yet an Act and in addition to that secondary legislation will be required. So how the social worker is able to tell you anything about this is a mystery. No lawyer or social worker can answer your question at present.
http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefingsAndFactsheets/SB_13-38.pdf
Happy to discuss further but there is nothing further without the Act having the additional secondary legislation required to put its provisions into practice.