31090051

sons partner of 4 years has been seeing another man whilst

Customer Question

sons partner of 4 years has been seeing another man whilst living in family home. Son got mortgage in own name partner(EX) not on deeds, 3 year old child involved, son moved out and she wants keys back to family home. how do we go about getting her out of house whilst trying to get legal assistance for custody
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
As they aren't married and she has no court order granting her occupancy rights in the house, he can ask her to leave and throw her out in fact and move back in himself.
As far as a residence order for the child is concerned (there is no such thing as custody any more) he would have to go to court and make an application for that so he will need to see a good family law solicitor immediately.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.