31090051

can you help both my parents gifted into a bank account

Customer Question

hi can you help both my parents gifted into a bank account twenty five thousand pounds in November 2010 this was kept quiet from the other siblings my patents choice, since then my parents made a will and my elder brother & myself were joint power of attorney In Scotland as this is were my parents reside, my father passed away inApril 2012 and my mother has been diagnosed with Alzheimers, back in September 2014 it can to light that my mother told the rest of my sibling about this money, since then my sister took my mother to her solicitor and had me removed from the power of attorney, on finding this out I contacted the solicitor & spoke with the secetary who said this could not happen, my brother has now sent me a very vindictive letter i just need some help to try and resolve the matters . regards ***** *****
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
This seems to be a fall out between siblings arising from the fact that your parents gave you some money. That isn't something that anyone other than the family can sort out.
What is it that you want to sort out from a legal point of view? Did your mother remove you as attorney or not?
What other questions would you like answered?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was i formed that she has but how can my mother make that decision when she has been diagnosed with alzehmers there is some question on this ss my mother said my sister took her &my dister said my brother was present but at that time I feel i should hsve been informed as my mother was not of sound mind

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for responding. If you are concerned that your mother was made to sign something that she didn't understand because of her Alzheimer's you can contact the investigations department of the Office of the Public Guardian in Scotland.
See www.publicguardian-scotland.gov.uk/investigations
I hope that this helps.