31090051

I live in Scotland and my daughter lives with her father in

I live in Scotland and my daughter lives with her father in England and he is refusing to allow me to talk to her etc is there anything I can do
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The court in England has jurisdiction over your daughter is that is where your daughter stays. For that reason you may want to instruct an English solicitor either directly or on an agency basis through your solicitor in Scotland.
English law is such that you have to attempt mediation with the father to try to agree contact. If that doesn't work you would have to take it to the court.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is an agency basis and how does it work
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
It means that your instruct your lawyer in Scotland and he in turn instructs and English lawyer to do the English part of things. It's a bit more expensive but it means that you can see someone face to face and wouldn't have to travel to England quite so much.