31090051

I started a company with my partner, solely funded to begin

I started a company with my partner, solely funded to begin with by my existing business, I was promised to be made a director etc. Now we are separating she says I have nothing to do with it. I nearly bankrupted myself to make this happen and spent a lot of time working on it to the detriment of my existing business. can I claim my money/damages back?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If you have put money into a business without having been given a share of it, you are entitled to treat what you have put in as a loan and sue the business to get your money out of the business.
You would also be entitled to claim remuneration for the time and effort put into the business at a reasonable rate. No one is expected to work for nothing.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.