31090051

I gave up my job to look after a friend who said they would

I gave up my job to look after a friend who said they would leave me £15k in their will what if they haven't left instructions to pay me I live in Scotland. I originally gave up my job to look after my partnes sister who was going to receive chemotherapy unfortunately she died within 6 weeks she asked me to look after her husband and her dogs. Her husband was unable to do anything for himself,  I cooked, cleaned, took the dogs out, took him to appointment, stayed overnight regularly when he was ill, I was in and outabout 5 times a  day over a year and a half,  I sorted out his wifes finances for the solicitor, I paid his bills. Basically I put my life on hold and don't regret this and trust him to do this. He died 2 weeks ago and were wait ing to see his will. His mind at the end wasnt clear and if I dont receive that money  as agreed I woukd be devestated and have used some of my saving whilelooking after him.

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If he hasn't left you the legacy, there is nothing you can do about that legally. However any savings you have used you can claim back from his estate as a creditor.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.