31090051

Thank you recent answer to my question. I have gone

Customer Question

Thank you for my recent answer to my question. I have gone back to my ex husband who was under the impression the money went up by inflation and since there has been a recession he thought it should have remained the same. He has spoken to his lawyer who seemed to think although the separation agreement says it will go up by retail price index he had used an old template and he is saying it is also inflation. Before i open a very large can of worms. Is Retail Price Index different from inflation and is there a table i can send him which shows percentages that you have used to work out the increases?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The lawyer is wrong. If he said RPI in the agreement, then the agreement is RPI. If he made a mistake that is between him and your husband. You are entitled to rely on the agreement.
RPI is linked to inflation and you'll see that in the calculation I did for you, the increases were less during the recession years. You can get the RPI data on the website of the Office for National Statistics under the "Economy" section.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.