31090051

My ex works 3 weeks on 3 weeks off,we agreed he would see our

Customer Question

My ex works 3 weeks on 3 weeks off,we agreed he would see our son as much as possible,everything went great for 9 years,last summer he asked if he could take our son away a weekend,I said yes,as I never stopped him.i found out by accident he tried to take our son out the country with a woman,he only new 3 mths,and had only met a handful of times,I said no.but he was still gonna go,which means he wouldn't see his son for 4 weeks,now he's taking me for parental responsibilities,he only sees his son 25 days out the year,his level off commitment is shocking he stopped talking our sin to bbs,to spend time with his gf,and her daughter,he's pushing his own son aside,for his new family,we havee a child welfare hearing next month.and I'm opposing he gets parental responsibilities cause the lack off commitment and only sees him 25 days a year,please advise if because he works away,will he get them I hope not
Thanks becky
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 1 year ago.
What is your objection to him having Parental Responsibility for the Child?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

he only sees his son 25 days out of 365,our son started high school,he wasn't at parents evening,he isn't showing the same level of commitment as he use to,what guidance can he possibly give his son,3 days every 6 weeks,the 3 he's away,he wants his

farther,the wee mans grandfather to be

to take over parental responsibilities this is not on

Expert:  clairep80 replied 1 year ago.
I shall opt out and transfer this to the Scottish Law Section.
Please be patient - my colleague is well worth waiting for
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

he is about to have another parents evening,he wont be at that either,then.theres 2 meetings,1 to decide what subjects our son wants to take,and guess what,yip.he wont be there with.he didn't deserve parental responsibilities,as he's not there so why should hehe granted it

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If he is the father of the child he will be entitled to parental responsibilities. The extent to which he will be emptor led to contact with your son is the actual issue here. That will be determined as to what is in the child's best interests. Also because of his age, the day is approaching when the court will be interested in what your son's views are.
You complaint at the child welfare hearing should be the fathers lack of commitment. If the father offers to make a commitment then the court is likely to make a contact order and then review things to ensure he is actually exercising the contact.
Happy to discuss further. It is important to note that the court won't refuse to grant a parental rights order unless the child is likely to be placed in danger were the order to be granted. The real issue here is that of contact and to what extent, if any, he should be exercising contact and on what conditions. For example the court could order that contact is not initially exercised with his new family.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have never stopped contacts,but I have stopped the extras he got,as far as I'm concerned,he only wants his son,2 Wednesday and every second Sa the 3 days out of 6 then that's all he will get,

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Noted. Let me know if you have any further specific questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm really worried,I'm not eating or sleeping.i work 6,days a week,and 2 nights in a pub,but ive got bills and a mortgage to pay,the grandparents have called me an unfit mother,I neglect the kids,cause I work all the time,were in a 1 bedroom flat,the 2 boys have bunk beds I the room.i sleep in a bed in a small box room,its big enough for a single need and a shelf for my tv,my eldest is 23, the youngest is 12 both boys,they have bigger houses and more money than I do.i think there gonna try take my youngest of me and stay with the grandparents,can thiey do this,I don't go out,I don't drink.i just work to provide for my ,we've lived like this for the past 9 years

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
The youngest would have to agree to this. In any event if this has been the situation for a large number of years there is no way they will succeed now.
You should be pursuing the father for child maintenance if you can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did last year,if he can take his new family away holidays,while I'm working every hour gods sends,to support us,I got in touch with csa,he's not a happy bunny.now,lol.the kids and I are lol.x

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Noted.