29905560

looked after my partner years he is ill and his daughter

Customer Question

looked after my partner for 22 years he is ill and his daughter arrived at our home and took his bank card, insurances and pin no saying she had POA He is dying of cancer and I was on Morphine for five weeks after collapsing and being taken to hos. she changed his pin No I still go 3 times a week to visit him in the Card Home. she lied. she doesn't have POA. where does this leave me
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Without a power of attorney she has no authorisation to use the account and you could tell the bank that they should stop the card because of unauthorised use. If your partner is able to make decisions he should of course be involved in this.
What is your primary concern so that I can fully understand your situation? Is it that his account is used to pay household expenditure or is it just that you are concerned that she is possible stealing his money?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?