31090051

I have to stress i do not live with my relative, they receive

Customer Question

I have to stress i do not live with my relative, they receive care from the LAuthority and live alone, i visit 3/4times per week,and do everything else needed as the POA and main carer.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You would still be entitled to be appointed guardian even if you don't live with them. However, assuming your power of attorney includes welfare powers, you are entitled to say where your relatives are to live and if the SW decide to apply to the court for an order that they go into care, you would be entitled to defend that action on behalf of your relatives.
Please tell me if you can the specific power that the SW have threatened to invoke and I may be able to advise further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.