How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11752
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My ex-wife changed my childrens name to that of her new husband

Resolved Question:

My ex-wife changed my childrens name to that of her new husband (not by deedpoll) .My son keep,t this name and was married under that name. He has since regesterd my grandchildren under the taken name ,is this legal under Scottish law
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Yes it is. Under Scots law a person can be called by whatever name they want as long as The purpose of the name is ***** ***** commit fraud.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you