31090051

What is the law in Scotland regarding getting your money refunded.?

Customer Question

What is the law in Scotland regarding getting your money refunded.? I made an appointment with a Hypnotist to have a Virtual Gastric Band fitted as I have put a lot of weight on. I sent him an e-mail 2 days (Saturday) before I was due to go for my 1st appointment telling him I wanted to cancel. To let you understand I have Parkinson's and Atrial Fiblleration and take 27 tablets a day to control these conditions but in the past I have been known to be aggressive towards my husband and I am frightened to take the chance in case it happens again. I got no reply to this e-mail from him and 2 weeks later I sent another asking for a refund of my £345 and he refused but he said he would keep the money and leave the appointment open for me until May. Does he have the right to keep this money and not refund me?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The law is that there is a contract between you and the hypnotist and you aren't enetitled to your money back unless the contract allows for cancellation and a refund.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.