31090051

my father died some years ago i think in 2008 we did not live

my father died some years ago i think in 2008
we did not live near to each other and visits were limited, some time before he died he pointed out a solicitiors in Bridlington and told me that they were holding his will.
he said the grandchildren [ my son and daughter were benficiaries of said will and that i had been named as an executor
when he died we attended the funeral and came home, we never heard anymore after that
we were never in touch with his then wife - no relation and have not had contact since.
is it possible for us to get a copy of the will to see what was in and whether anything was left to the grandchildren.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Do you know who the solicitors are and where they are?
If so you can get in touch with them. If not you should instruct another English solicitor to make investigations as to what happened to the will and the estate. They will have to find out if probate was granted, who was appointed executors etc.
Then you will find out what happened to the estate. If there was no will it is likely that the whole estate went to his widow.
Happy to discuss further.