31090051

I have two girls and I have not seen them few years now.

I have two girls and I have not seen them for a few years now. I have tried to find where they are and when I did she still refuses to let me see them. I pay my CSA every week which she gets. What rights have I got.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a lawyer in Scotland and will help you with this.
What age are the girls? Are you on their birth certificates? Were you married to the mother? Have you ever had a court order for contact?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The girls are now 14 and 16. Yes I was married to there mother and yes I am on the birth certificate. Yes there was court orders in place and she never stuck to them.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The 16 year old is classed as an adult and not subject to the jurisdiction of the court. You would have to get in touch with her directly and see if she wants to have a relationship with you.
As far as your younger daughter is concerned the court still has jurisdiction but the court again would take into account her wishes so the same direct approach would be a better way of dealing rather than going to court.
In summary, you should try to make direct contact and see what the reaction is but it will be for your daughters to make up their own minds given their ages.
Happy to discuss further.