31090051

My husband is with holding my bank statements and personal

My husband is with holding my bank statements and personal papers, he has been asked several times to return them. I left him due to coersive domestic abuse March 2014. What can be done about this, as I need my accounts for Tax purposes. He is also not giving me or my solicitor a current e-mail address or full postal address, again despite he and his solicitors being contacted several times since January for full contact details neither have been forth coming. Please help as I am getting desperate and due to legal aid my solicitor says he can do no more as it is not a contact matter, he can only assist with the contact issues between my son and his father.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
What you have to do is apply for legal aid separately to raise an action of delivery of the papers, so you would take him to court and demand that he returns the papers.
Your solicitor should write one letter threatening this court of action and then do the application for legal aid for you. That may in fact be enough to make him return the papers as he would appear to have no reason that is credible not to do so and he could be found liable for court costs if he is seen to be acting out of malice or nuisance.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.