29905560

This is law, I clicked

Customer Question

This is for Scottish law, I clicked wrongly at England & Wales.

Hi my husband bought a Timeshare in Spain for £1000 from newspaper, about 8 years ago. I didn't want any part of it. Anyway, we could not afford this as the Credit Crunch hit and we lost everything. We contacted yourselves for advice and it was suggested we could return all the documents to the Spanish resort and explain our situation. We did this about five years ago and heard no more about it. We have not heard anything since. However a letter arrived from a collection agency two days ago demanding payment of nearly £3000 we can not pay this, I we do not see why we should. My husband is 75 this year and this is causing him great distress. We contacted a firm which had offered to help but now I am thinking they are a bit of a con to? the company is called The Timeshare Bureau and they wanted us to travel to Stirling to see a company called EZE Legal Services, I think this is all a bit iffy. Can you advise us our best course of action. Thanks

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Why do you think this is Scots law? Can you check the contract you have with the timeshare company? There should be a clause saying which law applies. It would be very unusual for such a contract to be written under Scots law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You misunderstand, your own web page asks if English, Welsh or scottish I had clicked on England Welsh by accident, that's all. The timeshare was with MacDonald in Spain.

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I understand how the website works. What I am trying to establish is which law applies to the timeshare contract. Can you read the contract and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry but this is just not acceptable. If you had read my email you would know I sent back all the documents on the advice of a previous response from one of your members years ago. So there is no way I can check the contract. I have no idea whether its Scots law, English Law or Spainish Law. I feel this has been a total waste of my money, I would like to withdraw my question and be refunded my monies.

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If you don't know what system of law the contract is governed by your question is unanswerable and I can't proceed further. I will refer you to customer services.