31090051

I will be in June, and up to now am in fulltime employment.

Customer Question

I will be 69 in June, and up to now am in fulltime employment. I receive a goernment pension of approx £160 pm. What I would like to know is if I decide to stop working would I be able to apply for any benefits? My husband and i live in a rented house. My husband is also in fulltime employment and his pension is approx £69 pm. We are both getting to the stage where we would, if possible, be able to give up work (old bones and all that). Thank you.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
From what you say you could be entitled to pension credit and housing benefit.
However every case is different and I don't have sufficient information from you to advise precisely what you would be entitled to. However there is a better option.
Here is a link to a calculator whereby you can fill in your details confidentially without having to put the details on the Just Answer site. The calculator will tell you what you should be entitled to.
Follow this link and you should be able to get a good indication.
http://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/calc/agedisabilitystatus.aspx?sid=4&idk=f6d5a204-a7de-4bad-a5cc-e6bc363f044e&cid=b4d1dd6f-9504-441d-a794-93e0c3110426&CTYLAUA=
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.