31090051

there were 8 benefiiaries but only 5 were left the house. is

there were 8 benefiiaries but only 5 were left the house. is it legal fot the executor to sell the house before the will is settled which, effectively, means the other 3 beneficiaries paid for the sale of a house which has nothing to do with them?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
It's possible that the will would give the executors power of sale over the house. If not then the sale costs should be met from the sale of the house and not from the general estate. The executor would have to account to the three beneficiaries for the costs of sale separate from the estate.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.