29905560

Set up a limited company in 2011 with my now ex-partner. Established

Customer Question

Set up a limited company in 2011 with my now ex-partner.
Established a wedding venue and various festivals.
I took more £ than him from the business as bills, rent etc came from my account.
We split in December and I took more from the business than him. All amicable.
We agreed in principle that I would take on the running of the festivals and he would continue at the wedding venue at his family farm. However he keeps changing his mind, wont agree to anything in writing and is using ticket money as cash flow for the company. He has now removed me as Company Director and told me that I have no claim on anything since I am no longer a company director.
The ticket agreement we have with the company that issues and sells tickets for events for us was made with me. They are refusing to deal with him or anyone else, or to pay anything out to the company because the agreement was with me. Ticket money is now coming into my account - my ex partner is of course furious but I feel it gives me some leverage and also security that the events will actually take place.
However we have now reached stale mate - he wont enter into negotiations now because of that money and I don't want to continue working as festival director without the security that I wont be shafted as soon as this years event is over.
Help!
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Is the ticket money company money or have you now taken over the festivals in your own name?
Note I have limited connectivity this week and there may be a delay coming back to you.