31090051

IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN SAFEGAURD MY HOUSE CHILDREN

Customer Question

hI IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN SAFEGAURD MY HOUSE FOR MY CHILDREN IF I HAVE TO BE MOVED INTO CARE
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The key to this is your current state of health and whether there is any risk of you needing to go into care over the next seven years or so.
If the answer to that is no and you convey your house to your children, it's unlikely to be challenged by the local authority.
If, however, your health is poor and there is a likelihood of you needing to go into care sooner rather than later such a conveyance could be challenged by the local authority a depravation of assets and they won't contribute to your care.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

does it cost much

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Typically a transfer of title would cost £650 plus VAT and the registration costs of a few hundred pounds depending on the value of the house.