31090051

Have been taken to court over a runway access dispute. I have

Have been taken to court over a runway access dispute. I have three signed letters from the keeper, one of them being, from, the complaints department who have carried out a full investigation and are adamant, that my title deeds are correct and there is not an inaccuracy in the register. I have paid out £2,500 to a solicitor who wants another £4000. My wife has been fighting breast cancer for the last 10 months and all monies have stopped apart from my wages and a small pension. I cannot afford a lawyer anymore at £185 per hour. I will have to represent my self and my wife in court in 2 weeks. Looks like next door have sold there property and are moving away. Can they move away while it is still going through the court.
Kind Regards Patrick and Alison
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
They can sell their house whilst the dispute is ongoing. Once the title is transferred to the new owners, however, they would no longer have title to pursue the action.
Have you checked if you would qualify for legal aid? There is a calculator on the legal aid board website www.slab.org.uk which will give you an indication of a legal aid application would be worthwhile. You may have to change your solicitor if yours doesn't do legal aid work.
Happy to discuss further although without seeing the evidence and pleadings I cannot comment on the merits of the action or your defence to it.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.