31090051

,I have worked as a paramedic 30years in Edinburgh

Hi ,I have worked as a paramedic for over 30years in Edinburgh City ..I attended a call recently where a relative of our patient put forward a complaint to my employer which is extremely in my view a libelous statement..and could have serious consequences for my professional integrity in my workplace..I wish to challenge this person's recollection of events ..and have already discussed with other medics on scene who clearly have the same view relating to her inaccuracies..In fact some of the interventions, in this case were not carried by me as can be verified by witnessess on scene. ...Would you consider taking this case forward so that these allegations of events can be withdrawn ....thank you p.barrins edinburgh
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Has your employer started an investigation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my employer has received a statement from myself ...confirming that these allegations are to say the least false(and can be profen from other professionals as such) I await there response.......

however I feel that as a health profession I must reply to the complainer to rethink her written allegations of consider out a private litigation .....I have a 30 years clean record and would like to keep it that way..........pb

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You can certainly have a solicitor issue a cease and desist letter against defamatory allegations. However, before doing so it may be better to see what your employers are doing about this. If your professional colleagues are behind you and your employers are behind you that would be the right time to take action against the complainer. Note you don't get legal aid for actions of this nature.
Happy to discuss further.