31090051

Due to bad workmanship when fitting replacement double glazing

Due to bad workmanship when fitting replacement double glazing windows on the
17 December 2014 which I reported to the company and they have since been fixed, I still have £750 to pay. Unfortunately it was noticed that the rubber seal between the casement and frame of the window has started slipping. I phoned the company and had to leave a message to ask the Operational Manager to contact me.
I received a letter yesterday saying that they were unable to arrange a site visit to inspect the windows as £750 remains outstanding. They also said that until full and final payment is received then any guarantee provided by them remains invalid.
As far as I know they are not members of the Glass and Glazing Federation but members of Consumers Protection Association.
Where do I go from here.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Where there is faulty workmanship you can withhold pay,net until this is fixed. If they refuse to fix it you can get another contractor to do so and deduct the cost from the £750.
If they are under contact to provide you with a guarantee then they have to do excepting any work carried out by another contractor. Unfortunately, in practice it is difficult to get some companies to accept this and you best remedy is to have trading standards intervene.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.