31090051

I have legal separation agreement registered with courts in

Customer Question

I have legal separation agreement registered with courts in Edinburgh. Legally separated since 27/12/10. I now want to go ahead with divorce how can I do this cheap as possible?
My legal separation cost me £980! Please help!
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You can do the divorce yourself as your daughter is over 16 and your financial arrangements are agreed.
You need to print out and complete this form and have it notarised, take it to the court with your marriage certificate and the court fee, which is £107.
The court will process the application, serve it on your husband and the divorce will come through in about six weeks.
Here is the form:
http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/rules-and-practice/forms/sheriff-court-forms/simplified-divorce-and-simplified-dissolution-of-civil-partnership-forms/form-spb---simplified-divorce-2-year-separation.doc?sfvrsn=12
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.