31090051

I am being chased support arrears dating back I think

Customer Question

I am being chased for child support arrears dating back I think to 2010. The CSA are refusing to provide details of whe the outstanding monies relate to. I can't work out when as I was unemployed for a period of time and one of my daughters moved in with me when she was eighteen but before she left school. I have also been informed that since I had my daughters for 2 days each fortnight I should not have been paying maintenance for these days. Both my daughters are in full time further education but I am still being chased for these arrears. I am not refusing to pay I am merely questioning the amount and the repayment period. I know if I give my wife the money the girls will not get any benefit from it. I would rather give it to them. Can this be done?. How do I persuade the CSA to correspond with me?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Have you applied for mandatory reconsideration.
http://nacsa.co.uk/index.php/mandatory-reconsideration
As far as the arrestment is concerned have you applied to have this recalled?
Have you seen a solicitor about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am unable to question the decision as the csa refuse to provide details of how the arrears are made up. They just say I have to pay.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
See your solicitor immediately then to help you get the information and deal with the necessary procedures for you.