31090051

How long can you placed on bail in Scotland without being charged

how long can you placed on bail in Scotland without being charged with an offence
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a Scots solicitor and will help you with this.
What was the charge? Did you appear in court? If so was this a private hearing on Petition or in open court on summary complaint?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The charge was a libidos act which they say happened 50years ago, I have not appeared in court, no hearing on petition, or any thing else,As I live in England they came to question me, and they told me that I would hear from them, by letter or telephone as to what would happen,and as I have said nothing to date, as yet.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
So you're not on bail then.
All that has happened is that you've been interviewed.
There is no time limit on this type of charge. They may or may not contact you again. It's entirely up to them. Unsatisfactory to have something like that hanging over you but there's nothing you can do about that.