31090051

I am planning to take an energy supplier in Scotland to small

I am planning to take an energy supplier in Scotland to small claims court for failure to bill for a year, failure in duty of care, no response to communications, etc.
I need to know, if I lose, what are the maximum charges that I would have to pay for expenses, etc?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
In a small claim the court has the power to award expenses of up to £150.00.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I didn't finish the sentence. Up to £150 for a sum sued for of less than £1500 and for claims of £1500 to £3000, 10% of the total value of the claim.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that. Are there any other fees whether we win or lose? I found it hard to work out from the court website.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
There is a warranting fee of £73 which you pay to the court when you lodge the papers. Also if you aren't using a solicitor you will have to pay a sheriff officer to serve the papers which will be about another £50 or so.