31090051

I have another question related to the last one about my

I have another question related to the last one about my energy provider...

If I do go to small claims court, there are a couple of things that I want to claim for, but unsure if/how I can claim for them:

1) After moving house our budget has been very tight, and we have basically been living in fear for a year that an unexpectedly huge energy bill will come through the door one day. We don't know what this house costs to heat so we basically had to turn the heating right down during the winter which was very uncomfortable. We are really angry about this but is there any way to include that as a monetary/compensation claim in small claims court?

2) In a letter that I sent (recorded mail) over 2 months ago, I said that I had been asking for 8 months for them to close our account so we can go to a cheaper/better supplier. I said that if they don't reply within 1 week of receiving the letter I will claim £50 from them for every month that they failed to respond to my communication (£400). They still haven't replied! Can I claim this payment in small claims court?

Thanks a lot for all your help :)

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
1. This is a claim for inconvenience and distress and is competent.
2. No, you can't claim this as it is a unilateral claim with no basis in law, either contract or delict.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.