31090051

As to your excellent response to my question with respect to my neighbour pa

Customer Question

As a follow up to your excellent response to my question with respect to my neighbour parking her motor home on her driveway in breach of the title Burdens for all residents on the housing estate, can you please give me some indication of the cost of getting my solicitor to send a cease and desist letter and also the likely costs for any subsequent court action for an interdict should that be required.
Also if the court action was successful, would it be possible to claim costs against my neighbour?
In the unlikely event of any such action being unsuccessful, could I be held liable for any costs incurred by her to defend the action?
Thanking your assistance in this matter,
David McGrattan
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
An initial consultation followed up by a report to you and a cease and desist letter would be about an hour of time. Different solicitors charge different rates, but a typical rate from a local solicitor would be about £190 plus VAT per hour.
The court action is charged on a time basis so the cost depends on the total time expended and that depends how far the action goes.
Allow £1000 to get up and running and about £2500 per three months thereafter whilst the case goes through the the courts.
General the successful party would be awarded judicial expenses which would cover about 75-80% of your solicitor's bill.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Yes you would.