31090051

I'm starting university as a post grad in Edinburgh in September.

I'm starting university as a post grad in Edinburgh in September. I have 3 children who have all been offered places in school commencing August 15. I have applied to the court in Belfast for a relocation order.
If this does not occur in time and I make the move over (children refuse to see the father and its indirect contact only) can anything be done to insist I return as obviously I won't have a house once my rental lease expires in August?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
As there is a contact order which is indirect there is no prejudice to the father that the children aren't nearby and you should have no difficulty with this. Once you are settled in Scotland the children would be subject tot the jurisdiction of the Scots courts in any event as they will become habitually resident in Scotland.
They will not insist that you return.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.