31090051

I am a 19 year old football sports coach charitable

Hi. I am a 19 year old football sports coach for a charitable organisation. I work on a fridays only. I complained to a parent of their childs abusive and bullying behaviour towards other kids and they in turn complained about me to the management. The management asked me to provide a statement of the circumstances but refused to tell me the allegations made against me quoting child protection. Are the management in their right to do this.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Are you an employee?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes as I get paid for coaching footbal to kids once a week. It is a council funded sports organisation. I am a full time student and work a few hours once a week. A volunteer who was assisting me on the day in question has also been asked to provide a statement without being informed of the allegations against me. She is 17 and just left school

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Give a statement on the basis of what you know. The child protection issue is irrelevant but you should say in your statement that it is being made in the context of a refusal by your employer to state allegations against you, if any, and that you have no issues other than trying to resolve the bullying and abusive behaviour of these parents.
In other words fight fire with fire.