31090051

A friend of a friend offered to give me Spanish lessons online.

Customer Question

A friend of a friend offered to give me Spanish lessons online. She was going to email me some teaching materials, and then provide a few lessons via skype. I paid in advance by bank transfer but now she says she can't teach me. I haven't received the materials or had any lessons. She said she would refund me but it's been 4 months now and she is making herself very difficult to contact. We are both in Scotland. What is the legal position here, what are my options? The sum in question is £95
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Give her 7 days to refund you. If she doesn't you have to go to the small claim court.
See www.scotcourts.gov.uk
Happy to discuss.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.