31090051

The police came to my place of work to question me. I was

The police came to my place of work to question me. I was at lunch at the time so they came to my home and released me later without charge. My employer has suspended me without pay and I have to meet with them on Monday as they consider this severe misconduct. I was wrongly accused and the police agreed with this. Can my employer dismiss me?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No, the employer has to make reasonable enquiries. He can only dismiss on reasonabl belief that you have done something which would justify ending the employer/employee relationship.
If you were wrongly accused then they can't dismiss you because if they do that would be unfair dismissal.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.