29905560

I was meant to be going on holiday with a friend. We had both

Customer Question

I was meant to be going on holiday with a friend. We had both paid half the holiday each at a cost of £380 each. The we fell out and my friend decided she no longer wanted to go and if I paid half her costs of the holiday now she would transfer the ownership of the holiday to me with further half payment after the holiday before the end of July. This was the agreed arrangement until last night when after more discussions I decided I no longer wanted ownership and just wanted my money back as they had not been in touch to say they have recieved half payment and ownership was being transferred. Both parties agreed this to be final arrangement and I would expect only my half that had been paid and nothing else. That was until today when they phoned and spoke to my mother who paid for the whole holiday leaving me with a holiday I no longer wanted. Can ownership be passed over to me legally when I no longer agreed this time?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Who did your mother pay and why did she do so?
Generally, I'm finding your narrative difficult to follow so could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My mother paid the other half of the holiday that was due after I completed the holiday. Although this was no longer the situation as I had agreed I no longer wanted the holiday and would have been happy with the first instalment returned ando miss out on the holiday. Obviously the mother of my friend wanted her money back and by passed me to get to my mother to talk her into giving her the money for the full half.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
What do you mean by you "completed the holiday"?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Completed the duration of the holiday week. This person knew we both agreed for an arrangement to return the money yet she tricked my mother into paying the rest of the holiday.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
So you went on the holiday but want your money back because you didn't really want to go? Is that it in summary?