31090051

My 92 year old Mum is terminally ill. She lives in sheltered

Hi my 92 year old Mum is terminally ill. She lives in sheltered housing in Scotland & needs to move to a care home ASAP. She has limited funds but possibly enough to self fund for a year -( the family home being sold in 2007 & the proceeds divided between the children as was my
fathers wishes. )Do I still need to have Power of Attorney over Mums social & financial affairs. I did sign a bank mandate to allow me to deal with some of her finances. What would you advise?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I suggest that you get a power of attorney drawn up assuming that your mum can understand it and is happy to do so. Any care home will want you to have power of attorney so that you are the main point of contact and you'll also be able to deal with you Mother's day to day financial affairs.
Happy to discuss.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.