31090051

My Union were representing our equal pay deal and got us a

My Union were representing our equal pay deal and got us a much lesser deal than another lawyer. The result being we only got half the amount of money our other workers got for doing the exact same job and the same grade. The council said we would be paid pound for pound the same as the others got but they lied and we have all lost a lot of our equal pay money.What can we do to address this. Thankyou
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am happy to wait Yes
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Did you sign a full and final settlement agreement?
Was the work for you done by a lawyer introduced to you by the union?
When was the settlement made?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not accepted the offer made by my unions lawyers. The offer was only made a few days ago but other lawyers got double the amount I was offered.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not accepted the offer made by my unions lawyers. The offer was only made a few days ago but other lawyers got double the amount I was offered.Settlement was only up to 2013 but that U.S. Just got the offers
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
It isn't too late for you to change lawyer then. That is what I would do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about the original question sueing Union
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You didn't mention suing the union. In any event you could only do so if you had signed and it was too late to change the situation.
As you haven't agreed to anything, you still have the ability to seek a better settlement by changing you representation if you can.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.