29905560

My wife and i had a temporary separation during which

Customer Question

Hello, My wife and i had a temporary separation during which time she received a house from a local housing association. We got back together and and i moved in. The house was a little small for us and our children so i have leased a larger family home for us. Anyway, the rent on the her house was paid by me and never missed with the exception of the 1 month notice payment, around £364. My wife has received a rent arrears claim for £ 4,857.19, this is simply false, on top of that they have invoiced her for £ 2,291.94 for repair and redecoration, even though i had a professional paint the house top to bottom before we left.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and will help you with this.
Did you pay the rent directly to the Housing Association?
Have they provided a breakdown or a statement to show how they allege the arrears have arisen?
Have they provided a breakdown of the invoice for redecoration and repairs?