31090051

Please help me .I was in a debt plan paying 200pounds a month

Please help me .I was in a debt plan paying 200pounds a month to companies.I was unhappy with the lack of correspondence and went into a trust deed .I have now sold my house and the trustees paid all my debts then refunded me the balance .my question is that they paid my creditors the original debt amounts with no deduction for the thousands of pounds I paid these two other companies.as an elderly widow this has left me so distressed and so much money out of pocket .please can you tell me how I can get this sorted as its making me so depressed feeling myself and my late husband worked all our life for nothing thank-you.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You need to establish several things:
1. Why did the trustee under the trust deed pay the debts the original debt amount instead of the amounts due at the date of payment which would presumably take into account your previous contributions via the debt plan.
2. From the debt plan agency you have to get a full accounting of what you paid them and what they did with the money.
3. A breakdown of the trustee's fees. These appear to be abnormally high.
Once you have this information you will have a better understanding of the position and can assess what you are going to do next.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.