31090051

I believe my sister, who is the executor of my mothers will

I believe my sister, who is the executor of my mothers will has conned me out of some of my inheritance. How do I check this?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You ask her for an accounting. If she doesn't provide this to your satisfaction you can raise an action in the court, called an action of count, reckoning and payment. Your sister would be made to account for her acting in the estate and pay you what you are due.
A solicitor would have to deal with the action for you as it is not an action which is done by filling in a form. The action has to be drafted specially and the action proceeds in accordance with sheriff court ordinary procedure, as opposed to summary or small claim procedure.
Happy to discuss.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.