31090051

I occasionally get demands from the local authority, claiming

I occasionally get demands from the local authority, claiming to be the equivalent of a court Decree and has already been legally constituted. That is with out me knowing of any court action.
How do I get these back into court if they were ever there at all?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You are referring to a summary warrant, for example for rates or council tax. These are automatically granted by the court on application by the local authority. If you dispute the amount due you have to have your solicitor apply to the court for suspension of the warrant and interdict against further enforcement.
This is not a form filling exercise and is quite complex, hence the need for a solicitor.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.