31090051

I left personal property in storage while I was overseas. Repeated

I left personal property in storage while I was overseas. Repeated attempts to contact the company while in the USA were unanswered. I then discovered they went into Liquidation.
I contacted the liquidator as informed by Accountant in Bankruptcy, 2 registered letters have gone unanswered (4 weeks apart).
I just want to know if I have any chance of getting my personal property returned.
Should I continue to pursue the liquidator for information? Where could my personal property be? The location is closed and I had no luck contacting the company directly either.
Liquidation Details: Case Reference 2011/8274
Company Number SC199628
Company Name Property Security Solutions Limited
Liquidation Type Compulsory Liquidation
Date Final Returns Received 04-Aug-2014
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
The liquidator would not have the authority to dispose of your property. I suggest you phone the liquidator and find out where your property has been put. Also I suggest you get in touch with the AiB again and report your concern. They usually deal with personal insolvencies but may be prepared to intervene given your lack of response from your correspondence.
Insolvency practitioners are governed by the Institute of Charted Accountants either in Scotland or England. You can report your concerns to that body too.
I see, however, that this liquidation was some time ago and the company has already been dissolved which means the liquidation is finished. That may be why you are having difficulties and should telephone.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.