31090051

Can I still defer my private pension when my state pension

Customer Question

Can I still defer my private pension when my state pension starts in 2017. At present I am on sickness benefit with a view to going back to work for the next two years. I am 62 years old and my state pension is 6.7.2017. My question is can the DWP force me to take my private pension early?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The state can't insist you take your private pension, no. The fact that you are off sick and intending to go back to work has no bearing on your private pension. It is up to you when you elect to take that.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there anything I can print that would be suitable for the assessor coming Friday to look into my financial affairs. In other words; can I quote from law.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Let me check for you and I'll reply ASAP.