29905560

Divorced in 2010, I moved out the marital home in 2009 with

Customer Question

divorced in 2010, I moved out the marital home in 2009 with two young kids and lived in rented accommodation for 3 yrs,, my ex husband stayed in marital home was working and didn't pay the mortgage for the full 3 years , I tried to remove my name from the house when I left but he wouldn't agree, bank started repossession he done a moon light smashed to house up , my credit rating was affected and had to move back into the marital house with two kids and new partner, we had too clear £10.000 in arrears and fix house
he mess around with divorce proceedings that they granted my divorce and full custody of kids , but there is a clause on the house , we have been paying the mortgage since 2011 and cleared debt , I want to move on, and sell the house because iam not happy here and has a hold over me , he uses this address for is work etc , we don't talk cause there was a lot of violence
can I sell the house ? and I be truthfully we have paid all the debt and the mortgage and he hasn't paid a penny how does it work, can I get him off the house ,
kind regards
Tracey Martin
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland.
Is the house still in the joint names of you and your ex?
What, if anything, does the divorce decree say about the house?
What is the "clause on the house" you refer to in your narrative.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.