31090051

I am being arrested in Newcastle upon Tyne at 5pm tomorrow

Customer Question

I am being arrested in Newcastle upon Tyne at 5pm tomorrow to be taken to Ayr to be charged with the criminal offence of fraud. I am a full time carer, I care for my best friend 24 hours a day, she is currently on home kidney dialysis and I ensure that she is put on her machine and taken off the following day. I am responsible for the day to day running of the house, taking her to hospital appointments, shopping, cooking etc. I have been informed that once taken to Etal Lane police station in Newcastle I will be transferred to Scotland and will more than likely be detained, at least overnight. I am desperate for help. I have no idea what will happen next, whether I will be imprisoned, on probation. I do deserve the charges but I am concerned for the woman I care for. I need urgent advice please.
Maggie Nicholls
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You will be transferred to Scotland and detained by the police there and would have to appear from custody within 24 hours. You can insist on seeing a duty solicitor on arrival. You will appear in court, plead not guilty and the solicitor will make an application for bail for you. Assuming you are not a flight risk, there is never usually a difficulty in getting bail for a fraud charge.
Happy to discuss.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.