31090051

With regard to my mothers death last September. I am extremely

Customer Question

with regard to my mothers death last September. I am extremely hurt by this behaviour of not feeling it necessary to get in touch with me, I believe that my mother and father\'s lawyer wasn\'t even aware of this, I aam aware that there has been a great deal of activity at my parents house I have been shut out of my parent will. This was always going to be a messy business, off division of families, My brother went abroad to work 44 years ago the day my son was born, and I took on the responsibility of looking after my parents until 2001 when there was a fallout about what I’ve no idea, whereupon myself and my family were pushed aside, I couldn’t help them anyway because I’m in a wheelchair, I have been disabled for 37 years. there has been a great deal of manipulation by my brother and his family to have the house signed over to him. I have no means to fight this in the court but surely I am entitled to movable items i.e. jewellery which my mother told me would be mine one day, my mother and father were also great collectors of antiques ? where do I stand ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what information do you need ?

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
What does the will say, when was the house transferred, what were the circumstances, was there a power of attorney? I need the whole background. Your initial narrative is confusing and unintelligible :I'm afraid I have some difficulty in understanding it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have no Idea what the will says. No idea when house was transferred. My parents two lawyers are power of attorney, but they weren't told about my mothers death until last month aparently, so I can only presume the will hasn't been read yet, I'm led to believe the will has been changed three times. I had just learned my mother had died last September, that may be the reason it's a bit gobble de gook keep reading it is self explanatory

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Whatever the will says you are entitled to legal rights in the moveable estate.to the extent of one quarter if you have one sibling.
For that reason you are entitled to seek a meeting with the lawyers and affirm your claim. I suggest you make an appointment with them without delay.
There is no such thing as a reading of the will in Scots law so you should simply arrange a meeting.