31090051

My friend who is Polish and lives in Scotland after a divorce,

My friend who is Polish and lives in Scotland after a divorce, her daughter is currently residing in Poland with her father. The daughter is over here for summer and returns to Poland the middle of September, she has a NI number and has been offered a summer job here in Aberdeen. If the daughter works and resides with her mother will this effect her housing benefit and will she have to let the authorities know?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Yes, if your friend has another adult in the household who is earning that has to be declared to the authorities and may affect her housing benefits.
There are calculators that might assist her to find out what the position may be in her particular circumstances.
See for example
http://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/entitlement-calculator.aspx
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.