31090051

Is a person with Dementia able to demand to be allowed to be

Customer Question

Is a person with Dementia able to demand to be allowed to be out under escort by responsible persons. e.g. Out for a few hours for Dinner?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If the person is still capable of making such a decision on a reasoned basis, their relatives should not be able to block such a request. On the other hand if the dementia is so serious as to render the person incapable of reasoned decision then their not of kin would normally make the decision, usually under power of attorney or guardianship order.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.